Arlington, VA—As the Navy's investment engine for naval transformation, the Office of Naval Research brings the very latest technologies from industry and academia to our operational naval forces. The Naval-Industry R&D Partnership Conference explores the acceleration of the discovery to deployment process to cultivate meaningful partnerships between government, industry, and academia—partnerships that address cultural barriers and leverage innovative concepts, technologies, and business practices to meet the nation’s global security demands.
The conference will bring together innovative thinkers from defense, industry, and academia to address defense transformation, emerging business theories and practices, and Naval Power 21—the Navy/Marine Corps global security strategy that forms a crucial part of our nation's joint force concept.
During conference sessions, Department of Defense representatives will share "dilemmas," or technology needs, with an expected audience of more than 800. Speakers will also provide examples of "solutions"—successful technology transitions to the fleet.
Highlights of the Fifth Annual Naval-Industry R&D Conference:
- Pre-conference workshops
- World-renowned keynote speakers
- Knowledgeable plenary panelists
- Open Innovation Marketplace with more than 150 technology exhibits
- Pre-arranged sidebars between primes and small businesses / government and industry
- Breakout sessions on radical innovation, network-centric warfare, and more
- Post-conference open forum addressing future concepts under development at ONR, and industry innovations
For more details, and to register for the conference, visit the ONR homepage at www.onr.navy.mil and type in the keyword: RD.